LES MONTAGNES SERBES
OD SRPSKIH PLANINA
A visit to the Serbian breeders
October 2001 we went to Belgrade with Veca to try to complete, if possible,
the championship of Yugoslavia.
coming back from town of Cuprija, we spent the night at Mr Bjelica, to see
the next day his dogs and some in the neighbourhood.
Very warm welcome, as always. Hereunder pictures taken on this occasion:
- Lun IV od Bjelica, son of Hari-Lun and Bina Delijska od Bobana, very pleasant young dog with some problems of the back legs.
- Hari-Lun (Roki X Brita), very beautiful dog, with the same problem as his son
- our Arsa at the awkward age of 7 months (picture 25)
- in the neighbourhood the mother
- and the daughter, beautiful bitches.
- an interesting dog, probably without pedigree at V. Plana
At the end of our stay in Serbia, we visited Mr. Bogdan Bolozan who lives in the village of Melenci. Just at the proximity there is a thermal spa and for several years a special exhibition of Sarplaninci was held there.
We decided to visit this breeder according to some information we obtained
by the judge Mr Rale Cekic. He told us that the Sarplaninac of Mr. Bolozan
was worth much more than a big number of dogs which were presented at beauty
contests. Moreover, we saw the daughter of this male at the exhibition in
the village of Debeljaca. The dog was beautiful, but in rather bad state,
not taking care of, it lived in a back court with the poultry. It seemed
that it was obtained from Gipsies and it was without known origins. The
dog was called Farao.
We also saw there another Farao's daughter who was constantly at a chain, the poor one.
A few months later, while telephoning Mr. Bolozan, I learned that Farao had died, although it was not so old.